Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Hair Goals + October Goal Results


Brown Girls Hair


October Goal Results

I can't believe October is gone. It went by so fast. My daughter got her box braids on October 4th (Goal #1) and the journey with them has been very successful. She still has them today. They have remained fairly neat all of this time.

Each week I would moisturize her scalp (Goal #2) with the grease concoction that we posted here. She doesn't have any dandruff flakes and her braids are in very good shape. She could probably keep them for at least another week. I did use the braid spray a couple of times, but not enough to give a far review on it so I will reserve that review for later.

Sock Bun Nov 1, 2013


This past weekend, we went to Memphis to celebrate an accomplishment with my big brother.**He was inducted in the Hall of Fame for 26 years of service with his job.** We are so proud of him!

I decided to redo the braids in the front to make them look neater for the Hall of Fame event that we were attending. I ended up doing half of them because I ran out of time. Her hair still looked nice.  I decided to style it in a bun for the event. (pictured above)

Although she could wear them for another week, I will be taking them out this weekend. Both of us have immensely enjoyed not having to comb hair every week. We will certainly be doing these more often. The six hours it took for her to get them here was well worth the 5 weeks she has worn them :)!

Styling her braids (Goal #3) was very interesting. I will have a video posted soon on some of the styles that we did. I wanted to be more creative than doing the traditional 2 plaits, flexi rods, etc. and I found that to be a little challenging because when I did the styles, they didn't look the way I wanted them to :(! I did manage to do a few styles so I'll have to put them in the video series as promised. It will post sometime next week.


November Hair Goals

I am still working on getting my daughters hair back in tip top shape. We have tackled the dry hair and dandruff issues. Now I want to keep the focus on her hair staying healthy. Her hair thrives when there is no manipulation (combing) so I'm going to keep it in a protective style for this month as well. 

I plan to take out her box braids this weekend, wash and deep condition her hair, moisturize it, get her a trim, then put it in twist for the next few weeks in November. (She got her last trim in May). This year I'm trimming every 6 months instead of once a year.

What are your November hair goals? Would you like to join me with our protective style challenge?

Here are a few pictures of the Hall of Fame event.....

Brown Girls Uncle

Brown Girls Grandparents



Just Us


some_text

1 comment:

  1. The braids look nice. Great job for keeping them maintained over a long period of time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...