Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Discover "Your" Hair Oils

Hair Oils


It is very easy and simple to make your own hair oils. But before you can make your own hair oil, you must first Discover "Your" Hair Oil.

The challenging part is finding out what hair oils your hair will love! There are tons of carrier oils that are great for the hair coconut oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, virgin olive oil, just to name a few.

Take the steps below to find the oils that are best for your hair.

1. Research each oil and it's properties to see which oil will possibly meet the needs of your hair. For example, if you have an issue with dry scalp, grapeseed oil would be a good oil to try due to the amount of linoleic acid it contains. A good place to start your research is here.

2. Use each oil (that you have determined will be best for your hair) individually on your hair to see how your hair reacts to it. Using each oil individually for a period of time, maybe a week or two, allows you to see how your hair reacts to it in all types of weather (hot, humid, and rainy days).

3. Keep a record of how your hair reacts in each situation. Keep in mind when the seasons change, you may have to test to see how your hair reacts to it on (cold and windy day etc)

Yes, I know this seems like it will take a lot of time, but trust me, you will be very pleased once you find the "perfect" oil(s) for your hair!

If your hair loves it, then you can keep that oil and possibly mix it with other oils that your hair loves to come up with your own "perfect" hair oil treatment. You can even warm the oils up to use as a hot oil treatment.

Do you already make your own oils? What oils does your hair love?

Click here to read How to Make Your Own Hair oils?


some_text

2 comments:

  1. I need help figuring out what to do with my daughters hair. She is black/puerto rican. She has really tight curls. Not sure how to describe the texture. I know absolutely nothing about caring fo her type of hair. I've looked online at several videos and they are all so different. I also struggle with finding a good product. My skin is very sensitive and prone to breakout so oils usually irritate it. Please help. I'm lost. If you have an email maybe I can send you some pictures of her hair and you can point me in the right direction. Thanks Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen!! You can send a pic to browngirlshair@gmail.com and I'll do my best to help you!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...